Some collared, telephoto lenses have a foot that can be removed. If your lens has this option, choose one of our foot replacements instead of a lens plate. A replacement foot with built-in-dovetail mounting will be lighter, lower in profile, and provide the best possible stability for your lens. Really Right Stuff foot replacements are precision machined from solid blocks of 6061-T6 aluminum and are fully compatible with any RRS Dovetail quick-release system. This foot replaces the Canon foot on the following Canon lenses:
- Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS 1.4x USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM
- Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM
- Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM
NOTE: We are not aware of any camera or tele converter that will not balance properly with any of the lenses that use this foot. In some cases you will have to make full use of the dovetail to move the camera/lens forward in the clamp. Please contact us if you have any specific questions.
1. To remove the Canon foot, use the M3 hex key tool that comes with the LCF-53 to completely remove the four Canon mounting screws.
2. To install the LCF-53, use the four original Canon screws and secure the RRS foot to the lens collar.
3. If your mounting screws loosen over time, consider using a drop of medium threadlocker, such as Vibratite
or Loctite 242 for better security. Use one of our Long Lens Support Packages
to stabilize your telephoto lenses and improve your shots.