Official Sweepstakes Rules
1. INTRODUCTION. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. By entering The Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of Really Right Stuff, LLC ("RRS") whose decisions shall be final and binding. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (unless otherwise stated). THE SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS IN THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, OR THE COUNTRIES OF AFGHANISTAN, ANGOLA, AZERBAIJAN, BANGLADESH, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, CEUTA & MELILLA, CONGO, CRIMEA REGION OF UKRAINE, CUBA, DJIBOUTI, EAST TIMOR, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ERITREA, ETHIOPIA, IRAN, LIBERIA, NAMIBIA, NIGER, NIGERIA, NORTH KOREA, PAKISTAN, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES, THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION, SENEGAL, SIERRA LEONE, SOMALIA, SOUTH SUDAN, SUDAN, SVALBARD & JAN MAYEN ISLANDS, SYRIA, UGANDA, VIETNAM, WESTERN SAHARA, YEMEN, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE, AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Such residents are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited or restricted by U.S. or local law. Employees of Really Right Stuff, LLC, and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, accountants, attorneys, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives and any other person or entity associated with The Sweepstakes, including their advertising and promotional agencies, (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, siblings and grandparents) are NOT eligible to win. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to waive any and all claims against Sweepstakes Entities for personal injury, damage or loss of any kind which may result from participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of any prize.
4. PRIZES. One (1) Prize winner each month from December 2016 through December 2017 will receive the featured Really Right Stuff gear of the month OR in-store credit of equal value towards any purchase. A total of thirteen (13) prizes will be given away during the Sweepstakes Period.
No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for Prizes. RRS reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Active subscribers are eligible to win multiple times. Any Prize Winner shall sometimes be referred to hereinafter as the "Winner." No transfer, substitution or cash alternative permitted, except by RRS in its sole discretion. The winning entry will be deemed submitted by the e-mail account holder for electronic submissions or return addressee for mail-in submissions associated with such entry, as solely determined by RRS. Installation, insurance, registration, taxes, and any fees or costs associated with the prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize is awarded with our standard warranty.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. Drawings will be held on or about five (5) business days after the last day of each month during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all Active eNewsletter Subscribers and eligible mail-in submissions (together known as Eligible Entries) received by the last day of each month of the Sweepstakes period, by RRS or its designee, whose decisions will be final. Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or by phone on or about five (5) business days after the winner is selected. If RRS or its designee is unable to contact potential Winner by e-mail or phone (using the contact information provided at the time of entry) and/or if the potential Winner fails to respond to notification within five (5) business days of issuance, the potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her right to a prize, and an alternate Winner will be selected.
6. WINNER'S AFFIDAVIT. Each Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release, a written version of these Rules and any additional documentation, waivers and releases that may be required (collectively, "Affidavit"). The Affidavit may require that each Winner provide his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes due to potential payments from RRS to the Winner and will be used solely for such tax purposes. The requirement for a publicity release shall be void where prohibited. The Affidavit will provide that by acceptance of the prize, the Winner releases RRS and Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability for injuries, damages or expenses sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize. Failure to sign the Affidavit may cause the Winner to forfeit the prize. Failure of the Winner to respond to notification and/or to complete and return the Affidavit within one week after sent to such Winner will be deemed a forfeiture of the prize and an alternate Winner will be selected from the eligible entries.
7. GENERAL. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an Alternate Winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income tax) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each prize Winner. Except where prohibited by law, each Winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use said Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these official rules. Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and the officers, employees and agents of each, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received by RRS.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of proceeding as planned, including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to disqualify any individual who causes any such problem, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any problem or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, or any combination thereof, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs, associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Each winner, by accepting a prize, agrees to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, which may result from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use or misuse of such prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant's rights of publicity or privacy, or the entrant's claim that he/she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light).
Sweepstakes Entities do not assume any responsibility for any schedule changes in the Sweepstakes timeline, including without limitation, scheduling conflicts, labor strikes, Acts of God, or other unforeseen events that disrupt the Sweepstakes schedule. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes.
ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION'S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. EACH PERSON WHO PARTICIPATES IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AGREES THAT UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR BASED UPON THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND EACH HEREBY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT IS NOT SUBJECT PERSONALLY TO THE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS OR THAT ANY SUCH SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING IS BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM OR IMPROPER VENUE.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. For an additional copy of these Rules or the names of the Winners, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received more than thirty (30) days after the last day to submit entries will not be honored.
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR Really Right Stuff, LLC
SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED